This Tuscan Pasta dish from MyRecipes.com is hailed as “outstanding” by reviewers, earning an overall 5-Star rating. The dish uses easily accessible ingredients, and offers a different take on the typical pasta dish.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli*
- 1 (16-oz.) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, chopped**
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil strips
*1 (13-oz.) package three-cheese tortellini may be substituted.
**1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, fully drained, may be substituted.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan.
- Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly, and shake well.
- Stir wine mixture into saucepan.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired.
Reviewers raved about the recipe. Some were concerned that the dish was too rich, which is a matter of taste. Other reviewers also suggested substitutions for some ingredients. Here is what reviewers had to say: