This cheesy honey mustard chicken dish from Plain Chicken is incredibly easy to make, and includes very simple ingredients that many college students are likely to already have on hand. The recipe makes four servings, but could easily be divided to allow a student to make a single chicken breast.
Here is the original recipe:
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- lemon pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper. Place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine honey, mustard, lemon juice and paprika. Pour over chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon of bacon and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Continue to bake until cheese is starting to brown (about 10 minutes).
The recipe did not have many reviews, but all of the comments on the post were positive. Several reviewers claimed that the recipe tasted just like Outback Steakhouse’s Alice Springs Chicken. Overall, reviewers said that this recipe was incredibly quick and easy, making it ideal for a college student’s weeknight meal.
Here are a couple of the comments from the recipe’s original page: