This chicken recipe from Pip & Ebby offers a perfect solution for spicing up a plain chicken dinner. The recipe contains very simple ingredients. Although it requires about 30 minutes of baking time, preparation for the dish is quick and easy. The recipe is set to serve six, but this dish would be incredibly easy to cook for one.
Here’s the recipe:
- 6 chicken breast halves, defrosted and fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8-oz. package cream cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In each of the chicken breasts, cut a slit horizontally without going all the way through to the other side.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add jalapenos and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add cream cheese to the skillet and stir until cheese is melted. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 breasts and spoon into openings. Seal the ends and secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve warm.
The recipe only had six comments, but the general consensus was positive. Some reviewers recommended substitutions and adaptations of the recipe:
I think this would make a great quick and easy weeknight meal for one. I look forward to trying it!