This enchilada lasagna dish comes from Mogwai Soup, and would make a great group recipe for college students. It is easy to prepare, and it contains only a few ingredients, all of which are very cheap.
Here is the original recipe:
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 lbs chicken breast, chopped to bite pieces
- 5 cups of mexican blend cheese
- 1 can of cream of celery
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned and chopped green chillies (drained)
- small corn tortillas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Brown chicken in a pan on 2 tbsp of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine cream of celery, cream of chicken, sour cream and green chillies.
- Prepare the dish you will assemble the lasagna in.
- Put 1/2 cup of cream mix on the bottom of the baking dish and spread.
- Layer a row of tortillas followed with cream mix, chicken and cheese. You should be able to make 3 layers like this. Last layer doesn’t need chicken, just a ton of cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and let it bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted and golden brown on top
Reviewers raved about the recipe, and many offered suggestions for potential additions or substitutions: