This recipe comes from Skinny Taste, a blog with the goal of creating low-fat, healthy meals. The recipe is very easy to make, and feels healthier than many easy chicken dishes.
Here is the recipe:
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
- 1.25 lbs (8 thin sliced) chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight. Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper. Grill the chicken cutlets on your indoor or outdoor grill, top with bruschetta and serve.
Reviewers raved about the recipe, and some added comments about possible additions, sides or substitutions:
As a health-based site, Skinny Taste also includes nutrition facts for their recipes:
I made this dish over the summer, and it was incredible. I was living in New York City and did not have access to a grill, so I sauteed the chicken instead. Here is a picture of my take on the recipe, which I served with couscous and a simple mango-avocado-red onion-feta spinach salad: