This Kraft Foods recipe would make for a great quick, cheap and easy weekday lunch or dinner. While the Kraft variation may not contain the healthiest ingredients for a salad, this recipe is easily adaptable.
Here is Kraft’s original recipe:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 1 large head)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Classic Ranch Dressing
- Brown meat with onions in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and water; mix well. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 3 min.
- Divide lettuce among 4 plates. Top evenly with meat mixture, tomatoes, cheese and crushed chips. Drizzle with dressing.
Here is what reviewers had to say: