This recipe looks awesome–I had never thought to serve cheeseburgers in this way! The recipe comes from Semi Homemade Mom, and is actually a relatively healthy recipe. It also contains cheap ingredients and is easy to make–perfect for a hungry college student!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- pepper and salt to taste
- 5 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced tomatoes
- yellow mustard
- Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla.
- Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese.
- Spread some mustard on top of the beef along with some slices of tomato.
- Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (Try using a George Foreman).
Reviewers had positive things to say about the recipe, and many suggested additions or substitutions. You could really add any toppings that you might put on a burger!