I love quesadillas–they’re so simple to make, and they always taste amazing. This quesadilla recipe from A Kitchen Addiction adds a twist on the classic recipe, and I can’t wait to try it out!
Here’s the recipe for 4 servings:
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 C cooked and shredded chicken, about 1/2 lb
- 1/4 C hot sauce
- 2 tbsp blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 1/4 C green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 C tomatoes, chopped
- 1 C shredded cheese, I used reduced-fat cheddar and monterrey jack
- sour cream and salsa
- Stir together chicken, hot sauce, and dressing until well-combined.
- Spray skillet with olive oil (use a Misto bottle) or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla shell in the skillet. Spread a 1/4 C of the cheese evenly on top. Spread 1/2 of the chicken over the top. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the peppers and tomatoes. Spread another 1/4 C of the cheese on top. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until tortilla turns light golden brown and cheese is melted, flipping the quesadilla halfway through the cooking time to insure even heating. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Here is what reviewers had to say about the recipe:
This meal is very easy to make, and can be adapted in many different ways. I think that cutting the recipe in half would make for a great weeknight meal–I would love to try adding jalapenos and bacon!