This recipe from Six Sisters’ Stuff is different from most that I have posted before, because it requires a crock pot. The dish is definitely not quick to make, because it is a slow-cooker dish. However, the recipe does not need to be monitored during this time, so students could go to class, do work, or study during the cooking time.
Here is the recipe:
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1-2 apples, peeled and grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup chopped frozen broccoli
- In small bowl, combine BBQ sauce with grated apple and lemon juice.
- Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. Place chicken breasts in base of crock pot, pour BBQ/apple mixture over the chicken. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Slit sweet potatoes with knife or vent with fork. Bake sweet potatoes at 350 degrees for 1 hour in baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover with foil. Remove and let cool about 10 minutes. Peel skins off of the potato and mash. Serve with cinnamon and butter if you like.
- Cook frozen broccoli as directed on package.
- Serve yummy chicken breast with side of broccoli and sweet potatoes.
The preparation time is pretty quick for this recipe–however, the crockpot cooking will last all day. Be prepared to make this recipe in advance!
The comments on the recipe were positive overall, but did not suggest any changes or additions to the dish. Here are two positive reviews: