This recipe from Neagle’s Nest offers a homemade version of a popular Mexican Restaurant favorite. I have never tried Pollo Fundido, but it looks like a different take on the typical Mexican dish.
Here is the original recipe:
- Chicken Breast (cut in half lengthwise to make them thin)
- Mexican Dipping Cheese (try the jalapeno flavor)
- 6 to 8 ounces milk (just add enough to get to the consistency you prefer.)
- Chili Salt (1/4 cup sea salt, 1/4 cup pure chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, pinch ground oregano. Mix together and store in an airtight container. This makes 1/2 cup of chili salt.)
- Saute your onions in a lightly greased skillet and set them aside.
- Sprinkle your chicken with chili salt and begin cooking it in the skillet.
- Grate the Cheese and melt according to directions. I add the milk a little at a time until it gets to a consistency I like. You don’t want it to be so thick you can’t pour it, but so thin it’s like water either.
- After you have all your chicken cooked through, put the onions back in the skillet and turn the burner off. Now you are ready to pour your cheese over the top and it is ready to serve!
- Of course, you can pair this with your favorite sides and it is absolutely excellent rolled into a tortilla.
Reviewers loved this recipe! Several had issues finding a Mexican Dipping Cheese, and chose to use alternatives. Here are a few examples of reviewer comments: