This Betty Crocker recipe is SO EASY that I wasn’t even sure I was going to include it on this blog. However, it makes for a great quick snack option, and could also be an easy on-the-go breakfast. Plus, the ingredients are super cheap, making it the ideal broke-college-student recipe.
Reviewers offered many different ways of making the wrap, but here is the original version, scaled to serve 4:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 whole wheat or regular flour tortillas (8 to 10 inches in diameter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter evenly over each tortilla.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the honey over each tortilla.
- Top with banana slices and chocolate chips.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Secure with toothpicks.
As I previously mentioned, reviewers had a lot of suggestions for even easier ways to make the wraps. Some reviewers also suggested other ingredients for the wraps.
I think that the idea of rolling the wrap around the banana seems like it would work better–I only worry that it would be a little too much banana for the wrap. I would suggest slicing the banana lengthwise to make more room for other ingredients.