This grilled chicken dish from Favorite Family Recipes looks delicious, cheap and easy! I personally don’t own a grill (I don’t know if many college students do), but this recipe could also work well if you baked or sauteed the chicken instead.
Here’s the original recipe:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pkg bacon (we like to use the thick bacon, it doesn’t fall apart as much on the grill)
- 1 bottle Caribbean Jerk Marinade/sauce (any brand will work, we used KC Masterpiece)
- Grilled pineapple (optional)
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts and about 3/4 of the bottle of Caribbean Jerk Sauce.
- In a separate Ziploc bag, add the bacon and remaining Jerk Sauce.
- Put in fridge overnight (or at least 6-8 hours).
- Take out the chicken, discard marinade and grill turning only once if possible.
- Add bacon to the grill.
- When the bacon seems cooked through (watch it closely, don’t overcook), place the chicken on top of 4 bacon pieces and lay the remaining bacon over the top of the chicken.
- Grill on low for another few minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.
There weren’t many reviews of the recipe, but those who commented had positive things to say: