This Cheesy Chicken Taco Casserole from MyRecipes.com would make a great group recipes to share with friends or roommates. It’s very easy to make, and only costs $2.29 per serving.
Here is the original recipe:
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 9 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack (8 oz.)
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in a small skillet and add cold water to cover.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, turning once or twice, until opaque and firm, about 10 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and cut into small pieces or shred. You should have about 3 cups cut-up chicken.
- Spread one-third of sauce over bottom of a 7-by-11-inch baking dish.
- Arrange 3 tortillas, slightly overlapping, on top.
- Sprinkle one-third of chicken and cilantro over tortillas.
- Top with a third of cheese.
- Make two more layers of sauce, tortillas, chicken, cilantro and cheese.
- Arrange tomato on final layer of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook until top is lightly browned, 10 minutes more.
Reviews were generally positive, though some reviewers had suggestions for improvements: