Here is the original recipe:
- 1 lb. hot sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- Dash salt & ground black pepper
- In a saute pan, brown sausage; drain. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Blend in cream cheese until the cream cheese is melted.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls and place on a baking sheet. With your fingers, gently press the seams together to seal them. Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the crescent roll dough, leaving about a 1/2-inch border along the edges.
- Unroll the remaining package of crescent rolls and place on top of the sausage mixture. Press the edges together to seal. Gently press the seams together.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until crescent roll dough is golden brown.
- Cut into small squares and serve. (A pizza cutter makes really quick and easy work of the cutting.)
This is a great easy breakfast or brunch recipe, and would be an awesome easy group recipe to share at a potluck brunch as well. Reviewers had some tips to spice up the dish, as well: